Minecraft Forge is an API providing extra modding capabilities. These capabilities have been added to provide support for the different mods using the Forge. As of today, the forge contains. If you want to installed the Minecraft Forge API / compatibilty layers. You only need to do this once for all mods requiring it. Note that certain mod may include Minecraft Forge in their code, in which case you don’t have to install the forge, but it’s no harm to add it on top of the existing installation.
- Infinite terrain and sprite indexes
- Support two-pass rendering
- Custom redstone connection direction
- Override block replacement/deletion
- Secondary properties for block (isNormal, isReplaceable, isAir, isBurning)
- Allow an item to have the first callback on a mouse click
- Custom explosion resistances by block and direction
- Custom filled buckets
- Custom armors
- Modification of list of mineable objects
- Advanced configuration files
Minecraft Forge API 1.6.2/1.5.2 Installations
- Download Minecraft Forge for Minecraft
- Browse to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft/bin and open your minecraft.jar
- Open the downloaded minecraft forge zip file
- Drag the contents of the minecraft forge zip file into your minecraft.jar
- Done, launch minecraft!
Minecraft Forge API 1.6.2/1.5.2 Downloads
MC 1.6.2: Minecraft Forge 1.6.2
MC 1.5.2: Minecraft Forge 1.5.2
- Updated to Minecraft 1.6.2
Credit to LexManos.
Category: Minecraft Tools